As of October 1, 2014, the District extended a 5.75% Sales and Use tax which included “Health-Club Services.” Despite being an enterprise within Georgetown University, Yates Field House is unfortunately subject to the requirements of this new tax. Nearly all fees, passes and services sold at Yates will include the tax, including:
- Membership Fees
- Guest Fees
- Fitness Passes
- Locker Rentals
- Instructional Classes & Lessons
- Personal Training Packages
The mandated fee for GU student memberships is exempted from the tax.
We recognize the inconvenience that these additional fees create for our members. For your convenience, pricing sheets in the Main Office have been updated to include “with tax” prices for member rates and other services. Members using payroll deductions and “timepay” payments should notice the additional tax increase on their member charges beginning with this month. In order to prevent additional confusion, members should be aware of the following:
- Pre-existing rates and charges do NOT include the 5.75% tax. The charge is added on top of previous fees.
- For all check payments, please verify that the appropriate surcharge has been included in the written check.
- Unless indicated otherwise, prices listed online are the “base” rate and do not include the additional 5.75% fee.
We appreciate your understanding as we all get accustomed to the additional fees.